Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

You Capture {Colorful}

This past Sunday I took a photography course with a local photographer. I'm not going to mention who that person was, as I was left unimpressed. I didn't learn anything I already didn't know, nor were we actually taught anything. We paid to be told "set your camera to xx + xx setting, okay now let's go shoot." Ummm, it left a bitter taste in my mouth for certain. WHY am I putting my camera in that setting? What situation is that mode best suited? Seriously, it was a waste of my money. But it did reassure me that I DO know how to operate my camera, so I guess there's that, right? I just wish they would have told us WHY you shoot with certain settings. Cause and effect, you know what I mean?

Luckily the location for the class was downtown and what better place to capture some color than the Crossroads Art district? Enjoy.

Crossroads
I LOVED this building. Each and every window sill is painted a gorgeous jewel tone.
SS 1/8000 | f/4.0 | 50mm | ISO 800

Crossroads
SS 1/3200 | f/2.8 | 50mm | ISO 800
What Used To Be
This little patch of cobblestone peaked out and caught my attention. Just a bright little pop of color in an asphalt world.
SS 1/1250 | f/3.5 | 50mm | ISO 800

Graffiti
I happened to notice that one of the artists was working on a mural down the alley. I quietly snuck down there & asked permission to shoot him in action and he obliged me. There are a couple more shots on my Flickr gallery.
SS 1/5000 | f/2.8 | 50mm | ISO 800

Graffiti
SS 1/3200 | f/2.8 | 50mm | ISO 800

Graffiti
SS 1/8000 | f/1.4 | 50mm | ISO 800


Bobbi

6 comments:

  1. I love that building too! Great colors! I also love the graffiti art wall looking down the alley. Beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the class was not informative for you. That's a bummer.

    But these shots are wonderful and I love that you made asphalt and cobblestone look good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! What a perfect place for shooting color! Love that first shot of the windows -- great use of white space :)

    www.whoistiffany.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that building! All the shots are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bobbi-
    Thanks for commenting on my Polish Pottery photos on "You Capture" today.
    Your photos of that old brick building are beautiful. The colorful windows are amazing.
    The grafitti is colorful, as well as fascinating.
    :)The Girasole Lady (Becka)

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow Me on Pinterest