Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

You Capture {Doors}

This weeks challenge was, well a challenge. "Doors" can be interpreted in a variety of ways. For me the struggle was, again, leaving my comfort zone as there aren't that many interesting doors in my neighborhood, let alone my home.

I loved getting out and just looking. I saw soooo many great subjects, but I was too wussy to ask permission to take photographs. Yes, I ask permission before taking pictures of others property, and I don't have a zoom lens so that takes that aspect off the table. ;)

So I will begin with my own door. Our peep hole in the front door often creates a late afternoon rainbow on another door inside our home and the kids LOVE to poke at it. They never can seem to pick it up as hard as they try.

Doors


Earlier this week me and baby boy took a drive and wound up in the sticks where we came across this fabulous old church. I can only imagine how gorgeous the windows and door must have been.

Doors

Today I set out on my own (yeah for Mommy time) and I went back to an old favorite. I stopped in at the neighbors house to make sure it was okay first, but I'm tickled that I was finally able to get up close to these beauties.

Doors

Doors

Doors

Doors

You Capture
Doors
Bobbi

4 comments:

  1. I love these old buildings, especially the shot with the rays of sunlight streaming across the front of the red barn. Really beautiful!! I would love to be able to capture the sun like that. Yesterday, I saw the most awesome green front door on a house that was just begging for a picture, but I was too afraid to ask permission from the home owner, so I can relate. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful old buildings!! I need to take some time and explore around here. I know there's lots of hidden treasures. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great captures! I love the sun rays. I've also been know to take photos through my peep hole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old church is my favorite! Great shots of the old buildings too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow Me on Pinterest